|product||Nm148 Elastic Shaft Torsional Rubber HRC Coupling for 3D printing equipment|
|material||stainless steel , iron , aluminum ,bronze ,carbon steel ,brass etc .|
|size||ISO standard ,customer requirements|
|BORE||Finished bore, Pilot Bore, Special request|
|surface treatment||Carburizing and Quenching,Tempering ,Tooth suface high quenching Hardening,Tempering|
|Processing Method||Molding, Shaving, Hobbing, Drilling, Tapping, Reaming, Manual Chamfering, Grinding etc|
|Heat Treatment||Quenching & Tempering, Carburizing & Quenching, High-frequency Hardening, Carbonitriding……|
|Package||Wooden Case/Container and pallet, or made-to-order|
|Machining Process||Gear Hobbing, Gear Milling, Gear Shaping, Gear Broaching, Gear Shaving, Gear Grinding and Gear Lapping|
|Applications||Toy, Automotive, instrument, electrical equipment, household appliances, furniture, mechanical equipment,daily living equipment, electronic sports equipment, , sanitation machinery, market/ hotel equipment supplies, etc.|
|Testing Equipment||Rockwell hardness tester 500RA, Double mesh instrument HD-200B & 3102,Gear measurement center instrument CNC3906T and other High precision detection equipments|
workshop & equipment
1 . Prioritized Quality
2 .Integrity-based Management
3 .Service Orientation
4 .150+ advanced equipment
5 .10000+ square meter factory area
6 .200+ outstanding employees
7 .90% employees have more than 10 year- working experience in our factory
8 .36 technical staff
9 .certificate ISO 9001 , SGS
10 . Customization support
11 .Excellent after-sales service
sample orders delivery time:
10-15 working days as usual
15-20 working days in busy season
large order leading time :
20-30 working days as usual
30-40 working days in busy season
1. why should you buy products from us not from other suppliers?
We are a 32 year-experience manufacturer on making the gear, specializing in manufacturing varieties of gears, such as helical gear ,bevel gear ,spur gear and grinding gear, gear shaft, timing pulley, rack, , timing pulley and other transmission parts . There are 150+ advanced equipment ,200+ excellent employees ,and 36 technical staff . what’s more ,we have got ISO9001 and SGS certificate .
2 .Do you accept small order?
If your order bearings are our standard size, we accept even 1pcs.
3 .How long is the delivery?
A: Small orders usually takes 10-15 working days,big order usually 20-35 days, depending on orders quantity and whether are standard size.
How does a flexible coupling handle electrical insulation between shafts?
Flexible couplings are typically not designed to provide electrical insulation between shafts. In most cases, flexible couplings are used solely for the purpose of transmitting mechanical power from one shaft to another while accommodating misalignment and absorbing shocks and vibrations. They do not offer any electrical isolation or insulation properties.
When electrical insulation is required between two rotating shafts in a system, additional components or specialized couplings are used. For applications where electrical isolation is necessary, insulated couplings or special insulation components can be employed. These types of couplings feature insulating materials, coatings, or designs that prevent electrical current from flowing between the connected shafts.
Insulated couplings can be beneficial in certain applications, such as electric motor drives or systems involving sensitive electronics. They help prevent stray currents, ground loops, and electrical interference that could potentially damage equipment or affect the accuracy of electronic signals. However, it is important to note that not all flexible couplings provide this electrical insulation capability, and users should carefully select couplings that meet the specific electrical isolation requirements of their application.
Summary: Flexible couplings, as standard mechanical components, do not inherently provide electrical insulation between shafts. They are primarily used for mechanical power transmission and misalignment compensation. If electrical insulation is needed between rotating shafts, insulated couplings or specialized components with insulating properties should be chosen to meet the specific requirements of the application.
Can flexible couplings be used in the aerospace industry for critical applications?
Flexible couplings can be used in the aerospace industry for certain critical applications, but their usage is limited and carefully considered due to the stringent requirements and safety standards in the aerospace field. Here are some key points to consider:
- Specific Applications: In the aerospace industry, flexible couplings are primarily used in non-flight-critical systems or non-safety-critical applications. They are commonly found in auxiliary equipment, ground support systems, and non-flight propulsion systems.
- Weight and Space Constraints: Weight and space are crucial factors in aerospace applications. Flexible couplings must be lightweight and compact to minimize the impact on the overall weight and size of the aircraft or spacecraft.
- High Reliability Requirements: Aerospace systems demand high reliability and fault tolerance. Flexible couplings used in critical applications must meet stringent reliability standards and undergo rigorous testing and certification to ensure their performance under extreme conditions.
- Material Selection: Aerospace-grade materials are necessary to withstand the demanding environment of aerospace applications. These materials should have high strength-to-weight ratios, corrosion resistance, and excellent mechanical properties to handle the stresses and forces experienced during operation.
- Certifications: Flexible couplings used in the aerospace industry must adhere to specific certifications and standards, such as those set by organizations like the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) in the United States or the European Union Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) in Europe.
- Redundancy and Safety Measures: In critical systems, redundancy and safety measures are paramount. Flexible couplings used in aerospace applications must be designed with redundancy features to ensure the system’s continued functionality in the event of a failure.
- Temperature and Environmental Considerations: Aerospace systems experience a wide range of temperatures and environmental conditions. Flexible couplings must be able to operate reliably in extreme temperatures, high altitudes, and other challenging environments encountered during flight or space missions.
While flexible couplings have their place in certain aerospace applications, flight-critical and safety-critical systems typically rely on rigid, precision-engineered couplings. These rigid couplings offer higher levels of torque transmission and precision but require careful alignment and installation.
Ultimately, the selection of flexible couplings for aerospace applications must undergo a thorough engineering evaluation and be approved by the relevant regulatory authorities to ensure the highest level of safety and performance in critical aerospace systems.
What are the differences between elastomeric and metallic flexible coupling designs?
Elastomeric and metallic flexible couplings are two distinct designs used to transmit torque and accommodate misalignment in mechanical systems. Each type offers unique characteristics and advantages, making them suitable for different applications.
Elastomeric Flexible Couplings:
Elastomeric flexible couplings, also known as flexible or jaw couplings, employ an elastomeric material (rubber or similar) as the flexible element. The elastomer is typically molded between two hubs, and it acts as the connector between the driving and driven shafts. The key differences and characteristics of elastomeric couplings include:
- Misalignment Compensation: Elastomeric couplings are designed to handle moderate levels of angular, parallel, and axial misalignment. The elastomeric material flexes to accommodate the misalignment while transmitting torque between the shafts.
- Vibration Damping: The elastomeric material in these couplings offers excellent vibration dampening properties, reducing the transmission of vibrations from one shaft to another. This feature helps protect connected equipment from excessive vibrations and enhances system reliability.
- Shock Load Absorption: Elastomeric couplings can absorb and dampen shock loads, protecting the system from sudden impacts or overloads.
- Cost-Effective: Elastomeric couplings are generally more cost-effective compared to metallic couplings, making them a popular choice for various industrial applications.
- Simple Design and Installation: Elastomeric couplings often have a straightforward design, allowing for easy installation and maintenance.
- Lower Torque Capacity: These couplings have a lower torque capacity compared to metallic couplings, making them suitable for applications with moderate torque requirements.
- Common Applications: Elastomeric couplings are commonly used in pumps, compressors, fans, conveyors, and other applications that require moderate torque transmission and misalignment compensation.
Metallic Flexible Couplings:
Metallic flexible couplings use metal components (such as steel, stainless steel, or aluminum) to connect the driving and driven shafts. The metallic designs can vary significantly depending on the type of metallic coupling, but some general characteristics include:
- High Torque Capacity: Metallic couplings have higher torque transmission capabilities compared to elastomeric couplings. They are well-suited for applications requiring high torque handling.
- Misalignment Compensation: Depending on the design, some metallic couplings can accommodate minimal misalignment, but they are generally not as flexible as elastomeric couplings in this regard.
- Stiffer Construction: Metallic couplings are generally stiffer than elastomeric couplings, offering less vibration dampening but higher torsional stiffness.
- Compact Design: Metallic couplings can have a more compact design, making them suitable for applications with limited space.
- Higher Precision: Metallic couplings often offer higher precision and concentricity, resulting in better shaft alignment.
- Higher Cost: Metallic couplings are typically more expensive than elastomeric couplings due to their construction and higher torque capacity.
- Common Applications: Metallic couplings are commonly used in high-speed machinery, precision equipment, robotics, and applications with high torque requirements.
In summary, the main differences between elastomeric and metallic flexible coupling designs lie in their flexibility, torque capacity, vibration dampening, cost, and applications. Elastomeric couplings are suitable for applications with moderate torque, misalignment compensation, and vibration dampening requirements. On the other hand, metallic couplings are chosen for applications with higher torque and precision requirements, where flexibility and vibration dampening are less critical.
editor by CX 2023-08-21