Shaft couplings are actually the mechanical device that connects or couples the two drive element or shaft together for transmitting the power from one end to another. Couplings do not allow any shaft interruption during operation. Anyway, with the torque limiting couplings can disconnect when the limit of the torque is exceeded.
Advantages of Shaft Coupling
• Transfer the power from one end to another end
• Provide connectivity of shaft with the other units that are manufactured such as motor and generators
• Provide shaft misalignment and mechanical flexibility
• Decreases the shock load transmission from shaft one end to another
• Provide protection against overload
• Adjust the rotating unit vibration characteristics