Ductile Iron Universal Coupling
Ductile Iron Body (GGG50), Glavnized garbon steel bolts/ Stainless Steel Bolts, CHINAMFG rubber ring
DN50 – DN2000mm
Drinking Water / Sewage Pipe Line, Pump Station, Water Tratement Plant.
EN545, EN598, ISO2531, AWWA
Fusion Bonded Epoxy (FBE), RAL5005, RAL 5017, R5015……
Packaging & Shipping
Wooden Cases/Pallet with wrap film or according to customer’s requirements.
CNBM INTERNATIONAL CORPORATION
Build your world with our materials.
We are a primary subsidiary of China National Building Material Group Co., Ltd.
CNBM Group is a central government-owned enterprise and a Fortune Global 500 company (Ranking 203th in 2019). It is the largest building material manufacturer and service provider in the world, with 15 publicly-listed companies and over 180,000 employees (2017).
CNBM Water Section is 1 of the pioneering suppliers of pipes, fittings and systems in China.
We are leading the market by supplying:
- Ductile iron water and sewer pipes, fittings, valves and couplings and adaptors
- Ductile iron access covers and gratings
- Other types of pipes and fittings
Why choose CNBM?
- Government Credit
CNBM Intl is a primary subsidiary of CHINAMFG Group, a Chinese central governmental enterprise. We’ve been accessed by D&B as Duns Registered 4A1 level since 2012, which endorsed us as 1 of the safest suppliers to work with in China.
- Industry Leader
As an industry leader, CHINAMFG Intl is also a top-ranking buyer of iron ore and coking coal in the world. Our raw materials’ cost and quality are under strict control from A to Z.
- Strong Logistics Capability
1. Professional Logistics team
2. 20,000 containers + 30,000 M3bulk vessel per year = Cost-effective and Prioritized Shipments
3. 50000 M2 Dubai Logistics Park solely-owned by CNBM
- VIP services
1. Professional Sales Team
2. Multi-language Sales Managers
3. One-to-One fast response
- One-Stop Purchase Solution
Over 800 kinds of industrial products within CHINAMFG product range.
How does a flexible coupling handle electrical insulation between shafts?
Flexible couplings are typically not designed to provide electrical insulation between shafts. In most cases, flexible couplings are used solely for the purpose of transmitting mechanical power from one shaft to another while accommodating misalignment and absorbing shocks and vibrations. They do not offer any electrical isolation or insulation properties.
When electrical insulation is required between two rotating shafts in a system, additional components or specialized couplings are used. For applications where electrical isolation is necessary, insulated couplings or special insulation components can be employed. These types of couplings feature insulating materials, coatings, or designs that prevent electrical current from flowing between the connected shafts.
Insulated couplings can be beneficial in certain applications, such as electric motor drives or systems involving sensitive electronics. They help prevent stray currents, ground loops, and electrical interference that could potentially damage equipment or affect the accuracy of electronic signals. However, it is important to note that not all flexible couplings provide this electrical insulation capability, and users should carefully select couplings that meet the specific electrical isolation requirements of their application.
Summary: Flexible couplings, as standard mechanical components, do not inherently provide electrical insulation between shafts. They are primarily used for mechanical power transmission and misalignment compensation. If electrical insulation is needed between rotating shafts, insulated couplings or specialized components with insulating properties should be chosen to meet the specific requirements of the application.
Can flexible couplings be used in precision manufacturing equipment, such as CNC machines?
Yes, flexible couplings can be used in precision manufacturing equipment, including CNC (Computer Numerical Control) machines. CNC machines require high accuracy and precision during operation to produce complex and intricate parts. Flexible couplings play a vital role in such equipment by providing various benefits that enhance their performance and reliability.
- Compensation for Misalignment: CNC machines often have multiple moving parts and axes that need precise alignment. Flexible couplings can accommodate small misalignments between these components, ensuring smooth and reliable power transmission without inducing additional stress or strain on the system.
- Vibration Damping: Precision manufacturing requires minimizing vibrations that could affect the quality of the finished product. Flexible couplings with damping properties can absorb and dissipate vibrations, resulting in better surface finishes and accuracy of the machined parts.
- Torsional Flexibility: CNC machines may experience torque fluctuations during acceleration, deceleration, or tool changes. Flexible couplings with torsional flexibility can handle these variations and prevent torsional vibrations from affecting the machining process.
- Backlash Compensation: Some types of flexible couplings, such as beam couplings, offer minimal or near-zero backlash. This characteristic is essential in CNC machines, as it helps maintain positional accuracy during direction changes and reversals.
- High Torque Transmission: CNC machines may require high torque transmission capabilities, especially in heavy-duty cutting or milling operations. Flexible couplings can handle substantial torque loads while still providing flexibility to address misalignments.
- Reduced Maintenance: With the ability to absorb shocks and compensate for misalignment, flexible couplings can extend the life of other mechanical components in the CNC machine, reducing overall maintenance requirements and downtime.
It’s important to select the appropriate type and size of flexible coupling based on the specific requirements of the CNC machine, including torque, speed, misalignment, and environmental conditions. Regular maintenance and inspection of the flexible couplings will ensure optimal performance and contribute to the overall precision and efficiency of the CNC machine.
How does a flexible coupling affect the noise and vibration levels in a mechanical system?
A flexible coupling plays a crucial role in controlling noise and vibration levels in a mechanical system. It can significantly impact the overall smoothness and quietness of the system’s operation, contributing to enhanced performance and reduced wear on connected components.
Flexible couplings help reduce noise in a mechanical system through their inherent ability to dampen vibrations. When the shafts of rotating machinery are not perfectly aligned, it can lead to vibrations that are transmitted throughout the system, resulting in noise generation. The elastomeric or flexible element of the coupling acts as a vibration dampener, absorbing and dissipating these vibrations. As a result, the noise levels in the system are reduced, creating a quieter operating environment.
Vibrations in a mechanical system can lead to increased wear and tear on critical components, such as bearings, seals, and gears. Excessive vibrations can also cause resonance and damage to the system over time. Flexible couplings can effectively dampen vibrations by acting as a buffer between the driving and driven shafts. The flexible element absorbs the shock and vibrations, preventing them from propagating to other parts of the system. This vibration damping capability not only reduces noise but also protects the system from potential mechanical failures, extending the lifespan of the equipment.
Misalignment between shafts is a common cause of vibration and noise in rotating machinery. Flexible couplings excel at compensating for both angular and parallel misalignment. By accommodating misalignment, the coupling reduces the forces acting on the shafts and minimizes the generation of vibrations and noise. Proper alignment through the use of a flexible coupling ensures that the system operates smoothly and quietly.
Effect on Equipment Reliability:
Reducing noise and vibration levels has a positive impact on the reliability of connected equipment. Lower vibrations mean less stress on bearings and other rotating components, leading to extended component life and reduced maintenance requirements. A quieter operating environment can also be essential for certain applications, such as in laboratories or precision manufacturing processes, where excessive noise can interfere with delicate tasks or measurements.
Flexible couplings find application in a wide range of industries, such as manufacturing, power generation, material handling, automotive, aerospace, and robotics. They are commonly used in pumps, compressors, fans, conveyors, and other rotating machinery where noise and vibration control are critical for smooth and reliable operation.
A flexible coupling’s ability to reduce noise and dampen vibrations makes it an essential component in mechanical systems. By compensating for misalignment and providing vibration dampening properties, the flexible coupling enhances the overall system performance, reduces noise levels, and protects connected equipment from excessive wear and mechanical failures. Choosing the right type of flexible coupling based on the specific application requirements can have a significant impact on noise reduction and vibration control in the mechanical system.
editor by CX 2023-10-08